• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

spelling

On 5/24/2024 at 9:36 PM, blue_dolphin said:

Here is the no longer available iSi slim silicone spatula (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) added to the lineup, to the right of the tape measure.  The edges are very thin, which is functionally excellent but if your cat sitter uses them to scoop out the food from pull-top cans, they get nicked, as you can see.

130DF0B6-4190-42D3-BC95-F31B90E4716D_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.055024214750b511589e8af679266fa4.jpeg

I currently have one of these Mrs. Anderson's baking slim spatula  (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) in my Amazon cart.  I purchased one of these Mastrad silicone slim spatulas (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) a while back but the edges are quite thick and chunky. 

So far, my top contenders are this Tovolo spatula with a stainless handle (eG-friendly Amazon.com link), pretty good with a nice thin edge.  I'd probably use it more if it were red 🙃  I also mentioned previously the Rose Levy Beranbaum graduated spatula (eG-friendly Amazon.com link), which is a touch narrow, but not bad either. 

I'll give that Thermo spoonula a good audition to see how it works.  

I came over to this topic, all hot and bothered, to tell about the Mrs. Anderson's baking slim spatula (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) and see that it's the one you listed above. I have 2 on the way. Do you like yours?

Smithy

Smithy

On 5/24/2024 at 9:36 PM, blue_dolphin said:

Here is the no longer available iSi slim silicone spatula (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) added to the lineup, to the right of the tape measure.  The edges are very thin, which is functionally excellent but if your cat sitter uses them to scoop out the food from pull-top cans, they get nicked, as you can see.

130DF0B6-4190-42D3-BC95-F31B90E4716D_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.055024214750b511589e8af679266fa4.jpeg

I currently have one of these Mrs. Anderson's baking slim spatula  (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) in my Amazon cart.  I purchased one of these Mastrad silicone slim spatulas (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) a while back but the edges are quite thick and chunky. 

So far, my top contenders are this Tovolo spatula with a stainless handle (eG-friendly Amazon.com link), pretty good with a nice thin edge.  I'd probably use it more if it were red 🙃  I also mentioned previously the Rose Levy Beranbaum graduated spatula (eG-friendly Amazon.com link), which is a touch narrow, but not bad either. 

I'll give that Thermo spoonula a good audition to see how it works.  

I came over to this topic, all hot and bothered, to tell about the Mrs. Anderson's baaking slim spatula (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) and see that it's the one you listed above. I have 2 on the way. Do you like yours?