• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 5/8/2021 at 8:35 PM, KennethT said:

It doesn't really like it when I lift the pan - it beeps at me

Don't they all do that? Every one I've had did. My current one does beep then switch off, but there is a reasonable time delay before the power cuts. I've never timed it. I'll test it later, if I remember.

It's 2,100 watts which I find more than enough for stir-fry wok cooking when I have to use it that way, but that happens very infrequently. I mostly use it for long, slow, acidic wok braises.  🤣

liuzhou

liuzhou

56 minutes ago, KennethT said:

Don't they all do that? Everyone I've had did. My current one does beep then switch off, but there is a reasonable time delay before the power cuts. I've never timed it. I'll test it later, if I remember.

It's 2,100 watts which I find more than enough for stir-fry wok cooking when I have to use it that way, but that happens very infrequently. I mostly use it for long, slow, acidic wok braises.  🤣

liuzhou

liuzhou

43 minutes ago, KennethT said:

Don't they all do that? Everyone I've had did. My current one does beep then switch off, but there is a reasonable time delay before the power cuts. I've never timed it. I'll test it later, if I remember.

It's 2,100 watts which I find more than enough for stir-fry wok cooking when I have to use it that way, buit that happens very infrequently. I mostly use it for long, slow, acidic braises in my wok!  🤣

liuzhou

liuzhou

36 minutes ago, KennethT said:

It's 2,100 watts which I find more than enough for stir-fry wok cooking when I have to use it that way, which happens very infrequently. I mostly use it for long, slow, acidic braises in my wok!  🤣