• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Duke's Mayo

Martin Fisher

14 minutes ago, heidih said:

... how often once you open a big jar. I will admit to a 28 fl oz jar of McCormick Mayonesa con Limon in the fridge. I am meticulous about clean utensils in there as I don't use it often.

Probably once a day.    And with a clean spoon.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

eGullet member #80.

21 hours ago, heidih said:

I will admit to a 28 fl oz jar of McCormick Mayonesa con Limon in the fridge. I am meticulous about clean utensils in there as I don't use it often.

I keep my main jar of mayo in the cupboard, and use clean utensils to refill my squeeze bottle as needed. That way no food residue makes it back into the "working" mayo either, so it can also remain at room temp. I have an apartment-sized refrigerator, so space is at a premium.

...okay, I also have a fair-sized dorm fridge containing condiments, pickles and such, and a standup freezer the same size as my fridge, but the point holds. :P

• Like 2

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning