• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

16 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

The PAG is an electric grill.  When I got the Philips I stopped using my old electric grill.  Which could not be immersed in water and was impossible to clean.  Hence it also created lots of smoke.

The main reason to get a PGA rather than a more traditional electric grill is that food tastes better grilled on it.  As @Kerry Beal explained when she enabled me.

Thar makes sense. I’m also wary of any “George Forman” branded product. I am not trying to eliminate fat so I can have a dried out piece of meat. Their electric grill has decent reviews but it’s not tempting. 

i had one of the small “George Forman” grills in college. It was essentially a panini press. One day when I might have had a bit of something that is now legal to smoke in NJ I went to the grocery store and saw Steak ‘Ems. Never having had them I thought they’d be amazing. I got home, immediately put them in the grill where the entire thing became liquified fat. I was irritated and I think I kicked the thing into a box in a corner, never to be seen again. 

I then hauled my ass to the Nathan’s on campus before it closed. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

16 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

The PAG is an electric grill.  When I got the Philips I stopped using my old electric grill.  Which could not be immersed in water and was impossible to clean.  Hence it also created lots of smoke.

The main reason to get a PGA rather than a more traditional electric grill is that food tastes better grilled on it.  As @Kerry Beal explained when she enabled me.

Thar makes sense. I’m also wary of any “George Forman” branded product. I am not trying to eliminate fat so I can have a dried out piece of meat. Their electric grill has decent reviews but it’s not tempting. 

i had one of the small “George Forman” grills in college. It was essentially a panini press. One day when I might have had a bit of something that is now legal to smoke in NJ I went to the grocery store and saw Steak ‘Ems. Never having had them I thought they’d be amazing. I got home, immediately put them in the grill where the entire thing became liquified fat. I was irritated and I think I kicked the thing into a box in a corner, never to be seen again.