• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

13 minutes ago, weinoo said:

That sounds very good!

Yeap - thanks for the link ! And truth to be told - the sake does work pretty well. None of these slightly bitter, nutmeg-y overtones if vermouth. Clean sweetness, with a bit of a starchy, rice-y touch from the sake and a straight punch from the gin. And the Hinoki bitters taste like you are on a rainy day in a temple in Kyoto. Hard to describe, but once you’ve experienced that it actually tastes like it. 

Good indeed and a perfect opportunity to bring my Fuji-san glas out 🤗

Duvel

Duvel

12 minutes ago, weinoo said:

That sounds very good!

Yeap - thanks for the link ! And truth to be told - the sake does work pretty well. None of these slightly bitter, nutmeg-y overtones. Sweetness, with a bit of a starchy, rice-y touch from the sake and a straight punch from the gin. And the Hinoki bitters taste like you are on a rainy day in a temple in Kyoto. Hard to describe, but once you’ve experienced that it actually tastes like it. 

Duvel

Duvel

7 minutes ago, weinoo said:

That sounds very good!

Yeap ! And truth to be told - the sake does work pretty well. None of these slightly bitter, nutmeg-y overtones. Sweetness, with a bit of a starchy, rice-y touch from the sake and a straight punch from the gin. And the Hinoki bitters taste like you are on a rainy day in a temple in Kyoto. Hard to describe, but once you’ve experienced that it actually tastes like it.