• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Yesterday at the store to get stuff to make yesterdays dinner, I saw a 2 1/2 lb. package of pork shoulder.  It is very seldom sold in such a small package, but I thought it would be a great size to make Carnitas without having a ton of leftovers. ( BTW 2 1/2 pounds of pork cost 50 cents less that one pound of hamburger. )  One of Charlies friends from his low rider car club was going to be here for dinner so we had Carnitas Tacos. There were jalapeños and salsa that were not in the pictures. 

20220217_162712.jpg

20220217_163037.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Yesterday at the store to get stuff to make yesterdays dinner, I saw a 2 2/1 lb package of pork shoulder.  It is very seldom sold in such a small package, but I thought it would be a great size to make Carnitas without having a ton of leftovers. ( BTW 2 1/2 pounds of pork cost 50 cents less that one pound of hamburger. )  One of Charlies friends from his low rider car club was going to be here for dinner so we had Carnitas Tacos. There were jalapeños and salsa that were not in the pictures. 

20220217_162712.jpg

20220217_163037.jpg