• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MikeMac

MikeMac

Typo and not clear

No question long-term induction the way to go. I’ve tried a couple of the 120 V plug-in models. These get overwhelmed with anything more than say half a pound of protein also compared to a gas wok.  The induction woks  seem to have a smaller hotspot as well.   I would like to get a bigger induction wok burner the question is what?  My gas outdoor wok is 18 inches and it’s great other than in Calgary winters or when there’s lots of insects it’s time to move indoors with it.

I have a control freak, which spoils me in terms of flexibility and temperature control. I’m not sure if I can find an induction wok with the same amazing technology.

Garland has a neat system that uses three temperature sensors as opposed to the one essential one in most induction burners that looks promising. Anyone have any experience with it?

MikeMac

MikeMac

No question long-term induction the way to go. I’ve tried a couple of the 120 V plug-in models. These get overwhelmed with anything more than say half a pound of protein also compared to gas. They seem to have a smaller hotspot I would like to get a bigger induction wok burner the question is what?

I have a control freak, which spoils me in terms of flexibility and temperature control. I’m not sure if I can find a induction walk with the same amazing technology.

Garland has a neat system that uses three temperature sensors as opposed to the one essential one in most induction burners that looks promising. Anyone have any experience with it?