• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

NadyaDuke

NadyaDuke

@blue_dolphin I've been traveling for a couple weeks so just getting back into the swing of things around here. I love your board - how's it going? 

Many years ago we used to keep two whiteboards on the fridge - one for what was in the freezer and one for groceries. When we remodeled the kitchen at our last house, our kitchen designer saw the "5 pheasants" on the freezer whiteboard and said, "OK, so you two really do cook!" Well, also my husband occasionally hunts which is why we had the pheasants. In the remodel she put a chalkboard insert on the new fridge but it turned out our favorite thing for that was using it to post menus for when we had company. (Secondary benefit, instant activity for visiting children.)  

When we moved to our current house several years ago we did the chalkboard paint on the pantry door and use it for menus, and things like this, and the occasional "let's figure out a problem unrelated to cooking." I also sometimes just post the weeks dinners there though I often have them in Paprika now instead.  We also got a big freezer for the garage recently and I added a whiteboard and pens for that so I can keep track of what's there, as well.  

Today I'll replenish the fridge after our 2+week vacation and I'm looking forward to going to the farmer's market Saturday!

NadyaDuke

NadyaDuke

@blue_dolphin I've been traveling for a couple weeks so just getting back into the swing of things around here. I love your board - how's it going? 

Many years ago we used to keep two whiteboards on the fridge - one for what was in the freezer and one for groceries. When we remodeled the kitchen at our last house, our kitchen designer saw the "5 pheasants" on the freezer whiteboard and said, "OK, so you two really do cook!" Well, also my husband occasionally hunts which is why we had the pheasants. In the remodel she put a chalkboard insert on the new fridge but it turned out our favorite thing for that was using it to post menus for when we had company. (Secondary benefit, instant activity for visiting children.)  

When we moved to our current house several years ago we did the chalkboard paint on the pantry door and use it for menus, and things like this, and the occasional "let's figure out a problem unrelated to cooking." I also sometimes just post the weeks dinners there though I often have them in Paprika now instead. 

Today I'll replenish the fridge after our 2+week vacation and I'm looking forward to going to the farmer's market Saturday!