• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

7 minutes ago, Yiannos said:

but here's a recipe that is similar and seems to hit all the right notes

Wow, that is almost word-for-word the recipe that I have been using. I have had to use parmesan because I can't get the Greek cheese and I did put mozzarella in the pasta mix. It is an excellent recipe. Thank you.

I did want to mention that the best pastitsio that I ever had in my life was in a Greek restaurant in Queens. I will not mention the name of the restaurant because I had the worst case of food poisoning afterwards. But it sure tasted good going down.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

5 minutes ago, Yiannos said:

but here's a recipe that is similar and seems to hit all the right notes

Wow, that is almost word-for-word the recipe that I have been using. I have had to use parmesan because I can't get the Greek cheese and I did put mozzarella in the pasta mix. It is an excellent recipe. Thank you.