• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Addition

On 4/5/2021 at 9:49 AM, Duvel said:

Leberkäse !

I just made my first batch of this. I followed the recipe down to the last gram. Did have to use nutmeg instead of Mace because it's impossible to find here and used cornstarch, as you suggested, instead of potato starch for the same reason. It didn't turn out as Pink as yours but the texture and the flavor are wonderful. It's something that I am going to be making regularly. The next time I might try it with half beef and haft pork.

20210730_124836.thumb.jpg.39c23304159cfdf1f930fc8e884623c7.jpg

Thank you so much for the recipe. Now if I can just find your recipe for wurstsalat, I will be in business.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

On 4/5/2021 at 9:49 AM, Duvel said:

Leberkäse !

I just made my first batch of this. I followed the recipe down to the last gram. Did he have to use nutmeg instead of Mace because it's impossible to find here and used cornstarch, as you suggested, instead of potato starch for the same reason. It didn't turn out as Pink as yours but the texture and the flavor are wonderful. It's something that I am going to be making regularly. The next time I might try it with half beef and haft pork.

20210730_124836.thumb.jpg.39c23304159cfdf1f930fc8e884623c7.jpg