• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

Always get measurements confused

I had never heard of neither the brand nor the product before, but one day the delivery service of our supermarket in Hong Kong dropped off a wrong delivery and our domestic helper went bananas over the two bottles of syrup that it contained. Literally half of the first quart bottle was consumed before I came home. I paid for the two bottles at the store (and am sure the clerk never forwarded the money to the shop) and let our helper keep the bottles. That stuff was so incredibly popular with her and her friends - me and the little one were not as impressed ...

Duvel

Duvel

I had never heard of neither the brand nor the product before, but one day the delivery service of our supermarket in Hong Kong dropped off a wrong delivery and our domestic helper went bananas over the two bottles of syrup that it contained. Literally half of the first gallon bottle was consumed before I came home. I paid for the two bottles at the store (and am sure the clerk never forwarded the money to the shop) and let our helper keep the bottles. That stuff was so incredibly popular with her and her friends - me and the little one were not as impressed ...