• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

I started clicking "like" on so many of your posts, but it got to be every single one.  My Jewish friends say, "My her memory be a blessing".  This expresses so much of what I feel about Suzi.  At eG, she wasn't one to stand on the sidelines and watch - she wasn't a lurker.  She jumped in and helped where help was needed, offered advice, etc.  I'm confident that she was like that in real life, too.  I regret that we weren't friends on FB.  I tend to hang back and wait for others to make the offer there (childhood fear of "putting myself forward").  So, I'm on FB.  I would welcome anyone from eG as a friend (I'm Kim Younger Shook).  I've had the best luck making friends with eG folks outside in the "real world".  Hugs to everyone.  May we all be blessed with our memories of Susan.  

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

I started clicking "like" on so many of your posts, but it got to be every single one.  My Jewish friends say, "My her memory be a blessing".  This expresses so much of what I feel about Suzi.  At eG, she wasn't one to stand on the sidelines and watch - she wasn't a lurker.  She jumped in and helped where help was needed, offered advice, etc.  I'm confident that she was like that in real life, too.  I regret that we weren't friends on FB.  I tend to hang back and wait for others to make the offer there (childhood fear of "putting myself forward").  So, I'm on FB.  I would welcome anyone from eG as a friend.  I've had the best luck making friends with eG folks outside in the "real world".  Hugs to everyone.  May we all be blessed with our memories of Susan.