• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Yiannos

Yiannos

A letter

I don't know about chemicals but it does sort of piss me off that grocers could be selling you apples that have been stored potentially for years as fresh. Why take away something that helps you gauge the nutritional state of produce? There is no benefit to us, only to the people trying to push apples past their prime as fresh. And this comes from someone who is generally not averse to the GMO thing, depending on the situation.

Yiannos

Yiannos

I don't know about chemicals but it does sort of piss me off that grocers could be selling you apples that have been stored potentially for years as fresh. Why take away something that helps you gauge the nutritional state of produce? There is no benefit to us, only to the people trying to push apples past their prime as fresh. And his comes from someone who is generally not averse to the GMO thing, depending on the situation.

Yiannos

Yiannos

I don't know about chemicals but it does sort of piss me off that grocers could be selling you apples that have been stored for potentially for years as fresh. Why take away something that helps you gauge the nutritional state of produce? There is no benefit to us, only to the people trying to push apples past their prime as fresh. And his comes from someone who is generally not averse to the GMO thing, depending on the situation.