• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Corrected title spelling

Liuzhou is actually the name of the Chinese city I call home. Since 1988, it has been in a very active "sister city" relationship with Cincinnati.

For whatever reason, the local government department here in China which looks after such matters has decided to produce a booklet on Chinese home cooking to be issued in English and aimed at Cincinnati residents. They have dragged me on board, kicking and screaming, to be a general consultant and write a few recipes. Not a great problem.

However, I do have one major concern. There is no point including recipes for which the ingredients are simply unavailable. Obviously.

I don't know Cincinnati at all or if there are any members here who are in that city. I just want to maybe ask the occasional question starting with any information on general availability. Are there any decent Asian markets / supermarkets? I have Googled, but a lot of the information is rather old. Also, one list of the top Asian markets included a Mexican market! Someone got lost or failed geography!

If you are in or near Cincinnati or know the city well, I'd be grateful for any assistance. Thanks

liuzhou

liuzhou

Corrected title spelling

Liuzhou is actually the name of the Chinese city I call home. Since 1988, it has been in a very active "sister city" relationship with Cincinnati.

For whatever reason, the local government department here in China which looks after such matters has decided to produce a booklet on Chinese home cooking to be issued in English and aimed at Cincinnati residents. They have dragged me on board, kicking and screaming, to be a general consultant and write a few recipes. Not a great probem.

However, I do have one major concern. There is no point including recipes for which the ingredients are simply unavailable. Obviously.

I don't know Cincinnati at all or if there are any members here who are in that city. I just want to maybe ask the occasional question starting with any information on general availability. Are there any decent Asian markets / supermarkets? I have Googled, but a lot of the information is rather old. Also, one list of the top Asian markets included a Mexican market! Someone got lost or failed geography!

If you are in or near Cincinnati or know the city well, I'd be grateful for any assistance. Thanks

liuzhou

liuzhou

Liuzhou is actually the name of the Chinese city I call home. Since 1988, it has been in a very active "sister city" relationship with Cincinatti.

For whatever reason, the local government department here in China which looks after such matters has decided to produce a booklet on Chinese home cooking to be issued in English and aimed at Cincinatti residents. They have dragged me on board, kicking and screaming, to be a general consultant and write a few recipes. Not a great probem.

However, I do have one major concern. There is no point including recipes for which the ingredients are ssimply unavailable. Obviously.

I don't know Cincinatti at all or if there are any members here who are in that city. I just want to maybe ask the occasional question starting with any information on general avilability. Are there any decent Asian markets / supermarkets? I have Googled, but a lot of the information is rather old. Also, one list of the top Asian markets included a Mexican market! Someone got lost or failed geography!

If you are in or near Cincinatti or know the city well, I'd be grateful for any assistance. Thanks