• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jimb0

jimb0

I know, I was just replying about the wi-fi interference. Unfortunately, EM pollution is a common problem with appliances. It’s hard to know from here whether it’s line noise that the radio is picking up (despite the different circuit) or if it’s actual EM interference (and whether that’s caused by a noisy cap (probably, or similar) or an actual defect). If it’s EM interference there’s probably nothing you can do except move either the radio or the microwave, or put a metal box around most of the microwave. 

jimb0

jimb0

I know, I was just replying about the wi-fi interference. Unfortunately, EM pollution is a common problem with appliances. It’s hard to know from here whether it’s line noise that the radio is picking up (despite the different circuit) or if it’s actual EM interference (and whether that’s caused by a noisy cap (probably, or similar) or an actual defect). If it’s EM interference there probably nothing you can do except move either the radio or the microwave, or put a metal box around most of the microwave.