• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

Thanks. That makes sense having more experience with ordering the past couple years. I think, like last year, and this past thanksgiving...having options in the freezer early is best for us anyway. I can scratch cook a 'no recipe, recipe'. A Fishermans stew or chowder. An oyster pan roast. Just feels sleezy to fridge shop seafood at home having had a relationship with a fishmonger for years. Getting a head and spine full of meat from a freshly filleted cod for stock. Not going to happen. They are back to one person at a time in the shop. Long lines. I'll pre-order and pay for oysters and they will bring them out to me. No waiting and I will be guaranteed they are in stock. Oysters I care most about. Oyster stew, oyster pan roast, oyster Po'Boy. 

We loosely planned a GrandCentralOysterBar meet up with a couple friends. They decided a wait-and-see. They would rather bring a few dozen to us to shuck and I'll make a pan roast with my shucked, and grill a dozen. 

I do have some lobster in the freezer. Not enough for lobster rolls but plenty for a cup of bisque for four. I can always get Lukes lobster from Whole Foods. Mid week after x-mas should be easy to get for NewYearsEve lobster rolls. 

I could delete WildFork but it does look tempting. I'll decide by Thursday-friday. 

Annie_H

Annie_H

Thanks. That makes sense having more experience with ordering the past couple years. I think, like last year, and this past thanksgiving...having options in the freezer early is best for us anyway. I can scratch cook a 'no recipe, recipe'. A Fishermans stew or chowder. An oyster pan roast. Just feels sleezy to fridge shop seafood at home having had a relationship with a fishmonger for years. Getting a head and spine full of meat from a freshly filleted cod for stock. Not going to happen. They are back to one person at a time in the shop. Long lines. I'll pre-order and pay for oysters and they will bring them out to me. No waiting and I will be guaranteed they are in stock. Oysters I care most about. Oyster stew, oyster pan roast, oyster Po'Boy. 

We loosely planned a GrandCentralOysterBar meet up with a couple friends. They decided a wait-and-see. They would rather bring a few dozen to us to shuck and I'll make a pan roast with my shucked, and grill a dozen. 

I do have some lobster in the freezer. Not enough for lobster rolls but plenty for a cup of bisque for four. I can always get Lukes lobster from Whole Foods. Mid week after x-mas should be easy to get for NewYearsEve lobster rolls. 

I could delete WildFork but it does look tempting. I'll decide by Thursday-friday.