• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nyleve Baar

Nyleve Baar

After Pepperplate shut down, I imported all my saved recipes to Cookbook App. I need something like this so that I have access to my favourite repeat recipes from anywhere on my phone or iPad. Cookbook works very well, easy to use, pretty intuitive and simple to edit. You can import recipes directly from websites too, which works perfectly about half the time. You just enter the url and everything comes through, even the photo of the dish. Also it's either free or very cheap (I can't remember which, but I know I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a recipe app.) Recommended.

https://thecookbookapp.com

Nyleve Baar

Nyleve Baar

After Pepperplate shut down, I imported all my saved recipes to Cookbook App. I need something like this so that I have access to my favourite repeat recipes from anywhere on my phone or iPad. Cookbook works very well, easy to use, pretty intuitive and simple to edit. You can import recipes directly from websites too, which works perfectly about half the time. You just enter the url and everything comes through, even the photo of the dish. Also it's either free or very cheap (I can't remember which, but I know I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a recipe app.) Recommended.