• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

This was popular with my clients when I was catering.

Triple Gingerbread

Ingredients

1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking soda            

1 Tablespoon cinnamon                    

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves        

2 teaspoons ground ginger        

3/4 teaspoon salt            

______

1 1/2 Cups sugar

2 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger

1/2 cup chopped Crystallized ginger

1 Cup vegetable oil

1 Cup unsulfured pure cane syrup or (Lyle’s Golden syrup)

1/2 Cup water

2 large eggs

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Butter and flour 9 x 13 baking pan line bottom and sides with parchment

Sift first 7 ingredients into medium bowl.
Combine sugar, oil, molasses, water, eggs, and fresh ginger in large bowl; 
Mix in crystallized ginger.

Stir in dry ingredients.

Pour batter into prepared pan.

Bake until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour.

Cool cake in pan on rack 1 hour (cake may fall in center).  
Turn cake out on wire rack and then back onto serving board or platter.

Sift a light dusting of XXXXX sugar over the top. Use a paper doily to make a pattern.

Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.

(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap in foil and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving).

andiesenji

andiesenji

This was popular with my clients when I was catering.

Triple Gingerbread

Ingredients 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking soda             1 Tablespoon cinnamon                     1/2 teaspoon ground cloves         2 teaspoons ground ginger         3/4 teaspoon salt             ______ 1 1/2 Cups sugar 2 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger 1/2 cup chopped Crystallized ginger 1 Cup vegetable oil 1 Cup unsulfured pure cane syrup or (Lyle’s Golden syrup) 1/2 Cup water 2 large eggs Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 9 x 13 baking pan line bottom and sides with parchment Sift first 7 ingredients into medium bowl.
  Combine sugar, oil, molasses, water, eggs, and fresh ginger in large bowl; 
  Mix in crystallized ginger. Stir in dry ingredients. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool cake in pan on rack 1 hour (cake may fall in center).  
Turn cake out on wire rack and then back onto serving board or platter. Sift a light dusting of XXXXX sugar over the top. Use a paper doily to make a pattern.

Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.

(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap in foil and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving).