• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, SusieQ said:

I just found out that a restaurant called Luosifen opened in Seattle last year. I will check it out when I have a chance to get downtown and report back. From what you, liuzhou,  have described, it looks pretty authentic. 

https://www.luosifennoodle.com/ 

yes, I know about the restaurant. I have a very good friend from China who knows luosifen well and who is currently living in Seattle. She has been and was underwhelmed. I saw a picture and said that it looked good. Her reply was that it looked good but any of the Luosifen places I took her to in Liuzhou were 100% better in taste.

Another comment on the Facebook luosifen fan page read "On my one visit (so far) I found the soup delightfully full flavored, though wondered about the lack of the funky snail flavor touted by writers familiar with authentic Luosifen."

Still, please give it a try and get back with your impressions.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, SusieQ said:

I just found out that a restaurant called Luosifen opened in Seattle last year. I will check it out when I have a chance to get downtown and report back. From what you, liuzhou,  have described, it looks pretty authentic. 

https://www.luosifennoodle.com/ 

yes, I know about the restaurant. I have a very good friend from China who knows luosifen well and who is currently living in Seattle. She has been and was underwhelmed. I saw a picture and said that it looked good. Her reply was that it looked good but any of the Luosifen places I took her to in Liuzhou were 100% better in taste.

Another comment on the WeChat luosifen fan page read "On my one visit (so far) I found the soup delightfully full flavored, though wondered about the lack of the funky snail flavor touted by writers familiar with authentic Luosifen."

Still, please give it a try and get back with your impressions.