• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

I find chocolate work challenging if the kitchen is much above 70f (21c). You can use fans to keep the air moving and put molds directly in the fridge if you have to make it work. I leave the exhaust hood on all night and make chocolates in the cool, wee hours of the morning during warm weather. 

As for the photo, was it bottomed  in white?  Tempered chocolate shrinks a bit, sometimes the chocolate used to bottom the bonbons can get pushed into the cavity and end up on the outside of the shell. 

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

I find chocolate work challenging if the kitchen is much above 70f. You can use fans to keep the air moving and put molds directly in the fridge if you have to make it work. 

As for the photo, was it bottomed  in white?  Tempered chocolate shrinks a bit, sometimes the chocolate used to bottom the bonbons can get pushed into the cavity and end up on the outside of the shell.