• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

17 minutes ago, YetiChocolates said:

Hey @Kerry Bealdoes pro-choc calculate alcohol content? I purchased the software but have yet to use it much because I was waiting on Guittard to get me spec sheets on their chocolates 

Not sure - let me fire it up and see.

Yup - looks like it does.

Send me the proportions for your wine ganache and I'll see if my math was anywhere close. Wine with 13% - 30 grams with 70 grams of 56% chocolate - 3.9% Your recipe works out to 4.1 with 13% ABV

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

14 minutes ago, YetiChocolates said:

Hey @Kerry Bealdoes pro-choc calculate alcohol content? I purchased the software but have yet to use it much because I was waiting on Guittard to get me spec sheets on their chocolates 

Send me the proportions for your wine ganache and I'll see if my math was anywhere close. Wine with 13% - 30 grams with 70 grams of 56% chocolate - 3.9%

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

9 minutes ago, YetiChocolates said:

Send me the proportions for your wine ganache and I'll see if my math was anywhere close.

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

6 minutes ago, YetiChocolates said: