• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Yeah I’ve read that basil concentrates its essential oils when it has to work under pressure (too much light, too warm, not enough water). 

I’ve tried the basil from my click and grow, and I agree that it’s not as strong as the supermarket variety. Will play around with it a bit more though, as basil so darn expensive in Canada. 

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

Yeah I’ve read that basil concentrates it’s essential oils when it has to work under pressure (too much light, too warm, not enough water). 

I’ve tried the basil from my click and grow, and I agree that it’s not as strong as the supermarket variety. Will play around with it a bit more though, as basil so darn expensive in Canada.