• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

6 hours ago, Anna N said:

I am reminded of a quote but I cannot find whom to credit:

”Steak so rare a good vet could bring back to life.

And my late husband’s description of how his beef should be cooked. Again I cannot find the source:

”Wipe its ass and hooves and run it through the kitchen.

The first was said by Gordon Ramsay on one of his shows, although I can't be sure he was being entirely original.

The second seems to be a version of '' Knock off its horns, wipe its ass, and throw it on the plate"  as in the Australian film Barry McKenzie Holds His Own (1974) , although again I can't be sure that is the original either. I doubt anyone can. There are so many variations and close counterparts.

liuzhou

liuzhou

6 hours ago, Anna N said:

I am reminded of a quote but I cannot find whom to credit:

”Steak so rare a good vet could bring back to life.

And my late husband’s description of how his beef should be cooked. Again I cannot find the source:

”Wipe its ass and hooves and run it through the kitchen.

The first was said by Gordon Ramsay on one of his shows, although I can't be sure he was being entirely original.

The second seems to be a version of '' Knock off its horns, wipe its ass, and throw it on the plate  as in the Australian film Barry McKenzie Holds His Own (1974) , although again I can't be sure that is the original either. I doubt anyone can. There are so many variations and close counterparts.