• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

32 minutes ago, jrshaul said:

Some of the polycarbonate molds on Amazon have some very poor reviews. They're substantially cheaper, but I suspect the Chocolate World molds might be worth another few bucks.

What are the bad reviews saying?  Are they from people who actually have a clue about chocolate?  I was shopping for a printer last weekend, it seems like none of them had much more than 50% 5 star ratings and even those had their share of haters.  I decided that everyone hates their printer sometimes.  We all get frustrated with chocolate sometimes, it's a tricky medium and not always cooperative.  It sticking to the mold is not necessarily the mold's fault.

But yes, Chocolate World is a very reputable brand, worth the $20-30 per mold.

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

3 minutes ago, jrshaul said:

Some of the polycarbonate molds on Amazon have some very poor reviews. They're substantially cheaper, but I suspect the Chocolate World molds might be worth another few bucks.

What are the bad reviews saying?  Are they from people who actually have a clue about chocolate?  I was shopping for a printer last weekend, it seems like none of them had much more than 50% 5 star ratings and even those had their share of haters.  I decided that everyone hates their printer sometimes.  We all get frustrated with chocolate sometimes, it's a tricky medium and not always cooperative.

But yes, Chocolate World is a very reputable brand, worth the $20-30 per mold.