• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

9 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I don't know if this fits your criteria, but you said you usually have pulled pork--an easy make ahead dish would be pork enchiladas.  Pop them in the oven like 30-40 mins before your guests.  Chips and store bought salsa....or guacamole or both.  Canned refried beans for a side if wanted.

Hi Shelby... I don't know if we can even buy refried beans where I live (and frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.)  I do make enchiladas, but so far only in a casserole format...which means "we have to be invited back".  Pulled pork on a bun with a couple of sauces with potato salad and cole slaw (Ed makes the cole slaw and it lasts for half of forever without going bad.)  Hmmm...could use your chips and salsa idea here.  

ps.  In case it wasn't clear...I loathe refried beans...at least the ones I've eaten to date.   And I do love beans.

Darienne

Darienne

5 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I don't know if this fits your criteria, but you said you usually have pulled pork--an easy make ahead dish would be pork enchiladas.  Pop them in the oven like 30-40 mins before your guests.  Chips and store bought salsa....or guacamole or both.  Canned refried beans for a side if wanted.

Hi Shelby... I don't know if we can even buy refried beans where I live (and frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.)  I do make enchiladas, but so far only in a casserole format...which means "we have to be invited back".  Pulled pork on a bun with a couple of sauces with potato salad and cole slaw (Ed makes the cole slaw and it lasts for half of forever without going bad.)  Hmmm...could use your chips and salsa idea here.