• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

horseflesh

horseflesh

Got my Control Freak!

I have just barely plugged it in but it's obvious it is going to require a very different way of doing things. 

What do you set if you want water to boil ASAP? Maximum speed and 212F / 100C? 

What if you want water  just barely simmering? Technically, that water is still at 100C right? 

I can imagine the true target temps would depend on your pan too, and how it conducts heat to the central spot. 

Edit: I see it prints guides like "simmer" and "high" so for crude tasks like boiling and simmering you can just go my the overall percentage?

horseflesh

horseflesh

Got my Control Freak!

I have just barely plugged it in but it's obvious it is going to require a very different way of doing things. 

What do you set if you want water to boil ASAP? Maximum speed and 212F / 100C? 

What if you want water  just barely simmering? Technically, that water is still at 100C right? 

I can imagine the true target temps would depend on your pan too, and how it conducts heat to the central spot.