• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

36 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

My Paragon was $69.97...and it has a spring loaded pan sensor.  Setting a pan temperature is great for pressure cookers.

I've found using a pressure cooker, I have to set the temperature much lower than what my math dictates. Otherwise I get too much venting. But yes, I can stabilize it pretty easily. 

Wonder if it's my pressure cooker? It's a Fissler VitaQuick. It can't really be the CF as the temperature control is flawless on an open pan (I.e. If I set a pot of water to 180 using pan control, the water will eventually reach 180 inside the pot).

Or perhaps some venting is normal? I always thought it shouldn't vent until 15PSI is reached.  

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

33 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

My Paragon was $69.97...and it has a spring loaded pan sensor.  Setting a pan temperature is great for pressure cookers.

I've found using a pressure cooker, I have to set the temperature much lower than what my math dictates. Otherwise I get too much venting.

Wonder if it's my pressure cooker? It's a Fissler VitaQuick. It can't really be the CF as the temperature control is flawless on an open pan (I.e. If I set a pot of water to 180 using pan control, the water will eventually reach 180 inside the pot).

Or perhaps some venting is normal? I always thought it shouldn't vent until 15PSI is reached.