• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

I'm thinking of taking some slow cooker recipes and cooking them in a dutch oven on a control freak. Look up the protein temperature on sous vide websites... add a couple extra degrees for safety (temperature of the pan bottom might not make it to the top). With the lid on I should be able to have a pretty accurate slow cooker that cooks proteins to a precise temperature? I'll be double checking with a thermapen, of course. Next weekend.

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

I'm thinking of taking some slow cooker recipes and cooking them in a dutch oven on a control freak. Look up the protein temperature on sous vide websites... add a couple extra degrees for safety (temperature of the pan bottom might not make it to the top). With the lid on I should be able to have a pretty accurate slow cooker that cooks proteins to a precise temperature? Next weekend.

CanadianHomeChef

CanadianHomeChef

I'm thinking of taking some "slow cooker recipes" and cooking them in a dutch oven on a control freak. Look up the protein temperature on sous vide websites... add a couple extra degrees for safety (temperature of the pan bottom might not make it to the top). With the lid on I should be able to have a pretty accurate slow cooker that cooks proteins to a precise temperature? Next weekend.