• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

We ate at The Prime Rib. The food was good and they have a 2004 Duckhorn Merlot on sale for $75. Sold. 

Unfortunately the ‘gentleman’ next to me paid for his date as well as their meal and I was close enough to them to lose my appetite. 

Last time we went down a year ago we ate at Scarpetta at 9pm on a Sunday. The food was excellent. The table next to us all wore sunglasses (it was dark out and the restaurant is dimly lit), cursed in ways I’ve only done in a blind rage while one of the couples feral child ran around taking down chairs, glassware and anything else within reach while the parents did nothing. 

I don’t think Philly is my scene. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

We ate at The Prime Rib. The food was good and they have a 2004 Duckhorn Merlot on sale for $75. Sold. 

Unfortunately the ‘gentleman’ next to me paid for his date as well as their meal and I was close enough to them to lose my appetite.