• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jim D.

Jim D.

7 hours ago, Bentley said:

Does anyone know the source of the transfer sheets used by the amazing Marie Belle Chocolate shop in NYC?  If I had to guess, I'd say Valrhona Signature is doing them, but it's just a guess.  They are so unique and beautiful.  

I don't know the answer to your question, but must say they are beautiful. What intrigues me is that they seem to have overcome what I see as the major problem with transfer sheets--many colors, especially red, get washed out when they are applied to dark or milk chocolate. I have so many transfers that I can rarely use because I bought them before I realized that fact. And I am not going to coat them all in white (for one thing, it make them bend and the white flakes off--at least when I apply it). So I too would love to know the source of Marie Belle's.

Jim D.

Jim D.

7 hours ago, Bentley said:

Does anyone know the source of the transfer sheets used by the amazing Marie Belle Chocolate shop in NYC?  If I had to guess, I'd say Valrhona Signature is doing them, but it's just a guess.  They are so unique and beautiful.  

I don't know the answer to your question, but must say they are beautiful. What intrigues me is that they seem to have overcome what I see as the major problem with transfer sheets--many colors, especially red, get washed out out when they are applied to dark or milk chocolate. I have so many transfers that I can rarely use because I bought them before I realized that fact. And I am not going to coat them all in white (for one thing, it make them bend and the white flakes off--at least when I apply it). So I too would love to know the source of Marie Belle's.