• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

Now that my favorite Dr. Pepper Ten has become impossible to find here, I'm on the hunt for something else.  Diet Dr. Pepper is what I've switched to, but I don't like it nearly as much (due to the lack of the small amount of sugar in Ten, I suppose.) Diet A&W Root Beer is good, but root beer is something I only like to drink infrequently.  

I haven't tried a lot of diet sodas, but I'm looking for something better than Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Pepsi, Diet Rite Cola or Diet Dr. Pepper.   I haven't had much beyond those.  The caffeine free varieties seem especially weak.  It's been so many years since I've tried the "flavored" versions of Coke or Pepsi such as Vanilla Coke or Cherry Pepsi that I can't even remember what I've tried and they would have been the sugared versions anyway. 

i know preferences for this sort of thing are going to be rather personal, but does anyone have any diet favorites or suggestions?

(Maybe I should just go to the quick stop and try one of everything, but I thought I'd ask here first.)

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

Now that my favorite Dr. Pepper Ten has become impossible to find here, I'm on the hunt for something else.  Diet Dr. Pepper is what I've switched to, but I don't like it nearly as much (due to the lack of the small amount of sugar in Ten, I suppose.) Diet A&W Root Beer is good, but root beer is something I only like to drink infrequently.  

I haven't tried a lot of diet sodas, but I'm looking for something better than Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Pepsi, Diet Rite Cola or Diet Dr. Pepper.   I haven't had much beyond those.  The caffeine free varieties seem especially weak.  It's been so many years since I've tried the "flavored" versions of Coke or Pepsi such as Vanilla Coke or Cherry Pepsi that I can't even remember what I've tried and they would have been the sugared versions anyway. 

i know preferences for this sort of thing are going to be rather personal, but does anyone have any diet favorites or suggestions?

Maybe I should just go to the quick stop and try one of everything, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe