• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

Dinner is still cooking but I may forget to take pictures when it's done so... Cajun shrimp boil tonight, minus the boil. Nice weather made the smoker feel like a better idea. Top to bottom, Cajun spiced potatoes in the foil pan (mainly just using the heat, not trying to get heavy smoke in those), corn on the cob (pulled the husks back, removed the silk, rubbed 'em with butter and a little Cajun spice and closed 'em up again), spicy smoked sausages (no andouille available locally, I generally make my own but haven't got around to it yet this year with smoker season just getting started) and Cajun spiced shrimp. 

smokerboil1.jpg

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

Dinner is still cooking but I may forget to take pictures when it's done so... Cajun shrimp boil tonight, minus the boil. Nice weather made the smoker feel like a better idea. Top to bottom, Cajun spiced potatoes in the foil pan (mainly just using the heat, not trying to get heavy smoke in those), corn on the cob (pulled the husks back, removed the silk, rubbed 'em with butter and a little Cajun spice and closed 'em up again), spicy smoked sausages (no andouille available locally, I generally make my own but haven't got around to it yet this year with smoker season just getting started) and Cajun spiced shrimp. 

smokerboil1_zpsmjojld8h.jpg