• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

quiet1

quiet1

Maybe the top needs to be arranged differently then when folded up? From a presentation perspective something is looking unfinished or untidy to me about the dry noodles on top. If they were more deliberately arranged it might help it look better and less 'oops, I patched this together and ran out of sauce.'

ETA: I think it is the bits folded up giving me that feeling. Maybe they could be under the top layer? Or make sure they are even all the way around and do a decorative cut on the edges before baking? Or roll them like a pie crust? I'm just throwing out ideas. :) I'd also be tempted to do something decorative on the flat expanse in the center. I've seen pasta with herbs carefully rolled into the dough so the leaf looks like artwork. Maybe something like that just in the center?

quiet1

quiet1

Maybe the top needs to be arranged differently then when folded up? From a presentation perspective something is looking unfinished or untidy to me about the dry noodles on top. If they were more deliberately arranged it might help it look better and less 'oops, I patched this together and ran out of sauce.'