• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Bentley

Bentley

I just looked at Norman Love's website and strawberry cheesecake was replaced with "New York Cheesecake" and the description is "rich, freshly baked New York Cheesecake is blended into a white chocolate ganache for a big city flavor" so maybe my friend gave me more than a little inside info.  Looks like they really do just cut up cheesecake and blend it into a white chocolate ganache.They make a lot of cheesecake on the pastry side of the business, so it's certainly possible.

Bentley

Bentley

I just looked at Norman Love's website and strawberry cheesecake was replaced with "New York Cheesecake" and the description is "rich, freshly baked New York Cheesecake is blended into a white chocolate ganache for a big city flavor" so maybe my friend gave me more than a little inside info.  Looks like they really do just cut up cheesecake and blend it into a white chocolate ganache.