• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

I went over to my neighbor's last night, after I saw the earlier posts, taking my Thermoworks IR thermometer.  

She got an induction stovetop in February after her old stovetop died.  

Hers has the "Melt" function.  Is a Samsung 5 burner (she got a great deal buying the Samsung stovetop, dishwasher and a Samsung fridge at an amazing discount of 40% off for buying all three at the same time).  

It has a "single burner Melt function"   and after being turned on to the first click, "Low", a magnetic pan placed on it reaches a top temp of 110°F.  

The second click produces an "S" (Simmer) 150°F.  MAXIMUM for that burner.

All the other burners have a minimum temperature of 210°F  Three have maximum temps of 420°F

And the big burner has a maximum temp of 550°  for "searing" ... 

I did all the testing with her Tramontina stovetop cookware - she got a 9-piece set free for buying the appliances at Pacific Sales. (plus a couple of the anti-fatigue mats, a set of utensils and other goodies.  

The instruction book says the MELT functions is for chocolate.

andiesenji

andiesenji

I went over to my neighbor's last night, after I saw the earlier posts, taking my Thermoworks IR thermometer.  

She got an induction stovetop in February after her old stovetop died.  

Hers has the "Melt" function.  Is a Samsung 5 burner (she got a great deal buying the Samsung stovetop, dishwasher and a Samsung fridge at an amazing discount of 40% off for buying all three at the same time).  

It has a "single burner Melt function"   and after being turned on to the first click, "Low", a magnetic pan placed on it reaches a top temp of 110°F.  

The second click produces an "S" (Simmer) 150°F.  MAXIMUM for that burner.

All the other burners have a minimum temperature of 210°F  Three have maximum temps of 420°F

And the big burner has a maximum temp of 550°  for "searing" ... 

I did all the testing with her Tramontina stovetop cookware - she got a 9-piece set free for buying the appliances at Pacific Sales. (plus a couple of the anti-fatigue mats, a set of utensils and other goodies.