• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

6 hours ago, MetsFan5 said:

Okay so... sorry to repeat myself but my husband and I are in an extending living hotel. We have a suite with a full kitchen and pots and pans, full sized refrigerator, separate bedroom, etc.

Since  we're talking about tipping, how about tips for the housekeeping staff?  Do you tip more in a suite?   When traveling with a pet?

I'm pretty tidy and don't make a big mess so I generally leave $5 - 10/day.  I make sure to leave a tip each day. I double it if there's anything extra to clean up or if I've made a request for more towels or something.   Still doesn't seem like much given how hard they work.  I've been leaving that same amount for years and years and it used to seem OK to me but now I'm thinking that I'm being too cheap.   

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

6 hours ago, MetsFan5 said:

Okay so... sorry to repeat myself but my husband and I are in an extending living hotel. We have a suite with a full kitchen and pots and pans, full sized refrigerator, separate bedroom, etc.

Since this we're talking about tipping, how about tips for the housekeeping staff?  Do you tip more in a suite?   When traveling with a pet?

I'm pretty tidy and don't make a big mess so I generally leave $5 - 10/day.  I make sure to leave a tip each day. I double it if there's anything extra to clean up or if I've made a request for more towels or something.   Still doesn't seem like much given how hard they work.  I've been leaving that same amount for years and years and it used to seem OK to me but now I'm thinking that I'm being too cheap.