• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

9 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@Anna N   

I don't quite understand what the dark curved marks are in the triangular cuts of meat are.

I don't know what they are officially called.  They look like gristle but are not in the least bit chewy. I just hacked the meat from the bone so you are not seeing that nice neat cuts by any means.The dark stripes are sort of translucent.  Sorry I can't be of more help. 

Anna N

Anna N

1 minute ago, rotuts said:

@Anna N   

I don't quite understand what the dark curved marks are in the triangular cuts of meat are.

I don't know what they are officially called.  They look like gristle but are not in the least bit chewy. I just hacked the meat from the bone so you are not seeing that nice neat cuts by any means. It was dark stripes or sort of translucent.  Sorry I can't be of more help.