• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

One helicopter transfer later I made it home at last. Enjoyed my tomato salad and chicken thighs (which heated beautifully with nice crispy skin in the CSO steam bake for 10 minutes).

I have plans to do some serious caramel experiments this trip - so my first batch happened today. I have this lovely silicone mold from Chef Rubber that I plan to use for my experiments. 

IMG_5154.jpg.498c8bbfb8f9e2def0b5cd9a02bf15dd.jpg

This would not be considered a success. To firm, a bit too much stick jaw. Too high a temperature and not enough butter I'm suspecting. And I've got to find a better way to get the excess off the top of the mold so they don't all stick together (mind you it makes it very easy to get them all out of the mold). 

IMG_5156.jpg.0a7fed37c3d0039fea51abfa73645be3.jpg

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

One helicopter transfer later I made it home at last. Enjoyed my tomato salad and chicken thighs (which heated beautifully with nice crispy skin in the CSO steam bake for 10 minutes.

I have plans to do some serious caramel experiments this trip - so my first batch happened today. I have this lovely silicone mold from Chef Rubber that I plan to use for my experiments. 

IMG_5154.jpg.498c8bbfb8f9e2def0b5cd9a02bf15dd.jpg

This would not be considered a success. To firm, a bit too much stick jaw. Too high a temperature and not enough butter I'm suspecting. And I've got to find a better way to get the excess off the top of the mold so they don't all stick together (mind you it makes it very easy to get them all out of the mold). 

IMG_5156.jpg.0a7fed37c3d0039fea51abfa73645be3.jpg