• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

clarity

3 minutes ago, Shalmanese said:

Thanks to the abundance of people who have a interest in the other kind of herb, "Herb/Jewelry" scales are now both cheap and accurate. The most popular version can be got on Amazon for less than $9.

I used to have one of those scales. It could measure an amount, but one was unable to add a few grains of spice (or tea leaves) and have the scale re-calibrate. So I tossed it.

TdeV

TdeV

1 minute ago, Shalmanese said:

Thanks to the abundance of people who have a interest in the other kind of herb, "Herb/Jewelry" scales are now both cheap and accurate. The most popular version can be got on Amazon for less than $9.

I used to have one of those scales. It could measure an amount, but one was unable to add a few grains of spice (or tea leaves) and have the scale re-calibrate.