• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

My membership is up for renewal and I'm thinking that after 20 years It may be time to let it go.  I see it's now $60 for the basic annual fee.  

The mister and I used to really enjoy our occasional trips there and it was always an adventure to find new and interesting food items.

Now that he's passed away I find that the quantities are just too big for one person's needs.  Often it feels like too big of a hassle to drive over there and shop and then have to unload everything so I rarely go anymore; I think last year it was only two trips the entire time.

However, if I do quit I will miss many of the great offers there are.

Such as:  their meat and seafood are the best the city has to offer.  Their beer and wine (no liquor in Montana) selections are better than anywhere else (and priced better, too).  I love their bagels, cashews, p-b filled pretzels, empanadas, egg rolls, tissue, kitchen wrap and bags, etc.

Oh wait!  I may have just convinced myself to continue my membership...there are so many things there that I really enjoy!

lindag

lindag

My membership is up for renewal and I'm thinking that after 20 years It may be time to let it go.  I see it's now $60 for the basic annual fee.

The mister and I used to really enjoy our occasional trips there and it was always an adventure to find new and interesting food items.

Now that he's passed away I find that the quantities are just too big for one person's needs.

However, if I do quit I will miss many of the great offers there are.

Such as:  their meat and seafood are the best the city has to offer.  Their beer and wine (no liquor in Montana) selections are better than anywhere else (and priced better, too).  I love their bagels, cashews, p-b filled pretzels, empanadas, egg rolls, tissue, kitchen wrap and bags, etc.

I think I just convinced myself to continue my membership...there are so many things there that I really enjoy!