• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

4 hours ago, Sweet Impact Mama said:

I think that would work... but then do they cut out a custom transfer sheet, to lay in each cap, to get the logo of each beer?

See, that's why I think it's a custom, pre-printed blister in the shape of a bottle cap.  I don't think you could get those uniformly scalloped bottle cap edges with a transfer sheet in there, especially the  yellow one that is full color.  Moonstruck is good sized (I mean, they're no Hershey's, but pretty big for a local/artisan operation), they still do a lot of hand work but cutting circles of transfer sheets to lay in individual bottle caps sounds way too tedious for more than the first couple dozen.  Production-wise, if you had a sheet of blisters and could pipe a bit of chocolate into each then press in the molded part, that would go quickly.

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

4 hours ago, Sweet Impact Mama said:

I think that would work... but then do they cut out a custom transfer sheet, to lay in each cap, to get the logo of each beer?

See, that's why I think it's a custom, pre-printed blister in the shape of a bottle cap.  I don't think you could get those uniformly scalloped bottle cap edges with a transfer sheet in there, especially the  yellow one that is full color.  Moonstruck is good sized (I mean, they're no Hershey's, but pretty big for a local/artisan operation), they still do a lot of hand work but cutting circles of transfer sheets to lay in individual bottle caps sounds way too tedious for more than the first couple dozen.

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

3 hours ago, Sweet Impact Mama said:

See, that's why I think it's a custom blister in the shape of a bottle cap.  I don't think you could get those uniformly scalloped bottle cap edges with a transfer sheet in there, especially the  yellow one that is full color.  Moonstruck is good sized (I mean, they're no Hershey's, but pretty big for a local/artisan operation), they still do a lot of hand work but cutting circles of transfer sheets to lay in individual bottle caps sounds way too tedious for more than the first couple dozen.