• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

it also says a lot that the3 CEO is cashing out, rather than staying in.

I think there is a chance for this type of business in large urban center :

SF , NYC , etc  where they had few distribution points and an easier distribution system.

plus wealthy people w less time on their hands than most.

as Ive mentioned in other threads , Roche Brothers , a local family owned supermarket chain

now offers meal packs that they make up fresh daily w the same ingredients you might buy in their stores

take them home and cook them for yourself and family while you enjoy a Liter of M.R.

I also doubt Amazon is going to get into the meal or kit delivery soon.

there are many articles that point out even w WF  Amazon has very few food distribution warehouses  

which are substantially different than Books and all the etc Amazon sells.

not to say at some point they move in that direction.

rotuts

rotuts

I think there is a chance for this type of business in large urban center :

SF , NYC , etc  where they had few distribution points and an easier distribution system.

plus wealthy people w less time on their hands than most.

as Ive mentioned in other threads , Roche Brothers , a local family owned supermarket chain

now offers meal packs that they make up fresh daily w the same ingredients you might buy in their stores

take them home and cook them for yourself and family while you enjoy a Liter of M.R.

I also doubt Amazon is going to get into the meal or kit delivery soon.

there are many articles that point out even w WF  Amazon has very few food distribution warehouses  

which are substantially different than Books and all the etc Amazon sells.

not to say at some point they move in that direction.