• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

for clarification.

I like Schwan's, particularly for seafood, as finding good seafood can be an issue here in a relatively small city in flyover country. I have a good source for shrimp, but I've gotten scallops, crab legs, cod, salmon, and presently have halibut on order from Schwan's. I also like their boneless pork loin chops, if it's been a good while since I bought a whole loin from the butcher and cut my own. I don't buy their beef or chicken, since I have a local source for farm-raised.

A lot of their other items are pretty good, as well, although I don't much care for the flavor profile of their pre-packaged entrees. But their convenience snacky stuff and breakfast sandwiches, etc., are decent.

kayb

kayb

I like Schwan's, particularly for seafood, as finding good seafood can be an issue here in a relatively small city in flyover country. I have a good source for shrimp, but I've gotten scallops, crab legs, cod, salmon, and presently have halibut on order from them. I also like their boneless pork loin chops, if it's been a good while since I bought a whole loin from the butcher and cut my own. I don't buy their beef or chicken, since I have a local source for farm-raised.

A lot of their other items are pretty good, as well, although I don't much care for the flavor profile of their pre-packaged entrees. But their convenience snacky stuff and breakfast sandwiches, etc., are decent.