• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

1 hour ago, teonzo said:

Just a minor criticism: displaying only 1 item per type, like you did for the jams, is a deterrent for sales. It's much better to display multiple items, like you did for the cookies.

Teo

I have to say this struck me as a potential sales discouragement. A few things went through my mind including:

Will I have to order it because she's only showing one jar?

But I have three people on my guest list and I really want this flavour for all of them.

I think it would be better to show three or four of each variety if you do this again.

But I really think you did great on the booth and you obviously worked very hard to make the best jams possible.  Definitely a little more printed matter if only in point form on a blackboard stressing local and organic and unique.  Really selling your product to the public.   But I still think for a first time you did a great job.

Anna N

Anna N

1 hour ago, teonzo said:

Just a minor criticism: displaying only 1 item per type, like you did for the jams, is a deterrent for sales. It's much better to display multiple items, like you did for the cookies.

Teo

I have to say this struck me as a potential sales discouragement. A few things went through my mind including:

Will I have to order it because she's only showing one jar?

But I have three people on my guest list and I really want this flavour for all of them.

I think it would be better to show three or four of each variety if you do this again.

But I really think you did great on the booth and you obviously worked very hard to make the best jams possible.  Definitely a little more printed matter if only in point form on a blackboard stressing local and organic and unique.  Really selling your product to the public.   But I still think for the first time you did a great job.