• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

My question didn't really get answered here but here it is rephrased:

There's only one recipe on the Anova site which deals with dehydrating and it recommends selecting the bottom element as heat source.

Do you suppose there is a problem if I have the baking tray sitting on the bottom of the oven (with a rack of eggplant on it)?? (All the other racks are occupied).

Edited to add: It would be simple to change heat source to the rear element. Okay, do you think?

TdeV

TdeV

My question didn't really get answered here but here it is rephrased:

There's only one recipe on the Anova site which deals with dehydrating and it recommends selecting the bottom element as heat source.

Do you suppose there is a problem if I have the baking tray sitting on the bottom of the oven (with a rack of eggplant on it)?? (All the other racks are occupied).