• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

More remarks. Of course.

Hi Sherry. Info about the APO's maladies and causes soon. Both the microwave and the toaster were purchased based on price. The old microwave was 1.4 cuft, and the new one 0.9 cuft and made by Black & Decker. It's smaller and less powerful but it's quite satisfactory. The current toaster is a Lofter Long Slot (need that because most of our bread is from the bread machine), while the old one was a Breville and vastly superior. The thing is that DH was unwilling to use the APO; and I find that I now use the Lofter for toast. I have always wanted a toaster like I grew up with (pre-cursor to toaster ovens), but have not yet figured out how to use the APO for toasted cheese.

I definitely vote for the APO.

TdeV

TdeV

Hi Sherry. Info about the APO's maladies and causes soon. Both the microwave and the toaster were purchased based on price. The old microwave was 1.4 cuft, and the new one 0.9 cuft and made by Black & Decker. It's smaller and less powerful but it's quite satisfactory. The current toaster is a Lofter Long Slot (need that because most of our bread is from the bread machine), while the old one was a Breville and vastly superior. The thing is that DH was unwilling to use the APO; and I find that I now use the Lofter for toast. I have always wanted a toaster like I grew up with (pre-cursor to toaster ovens), but have not yet figured out how to use the APO for toasted cheese.