• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

Grammar

I've just cleaned my APO and I was re-reminded that I don't understand how to clean the top (inside).

First, I heated the oven to 140°F with 100% steam. Then I sprayed oven cleaner on the sides, base and the sides of the back (attempting to avoid the fan). I also got some oven cleaner on the edges of the top of the oven (because it was covered in grime) but I didn't want to get too much on the heating element.

After the oven had time to rest (couple hours), I wiped down the oven with a sponge and really hot water. I ended up poking the sponge under the top elements. It's still pretty grimy up there.

What do you do?

TdeV

TdeV

I've just cleaned my APO and I re-reminded that I don't understand how to clean the top (inside).

First, I heated the oven to 140°F with 100% steam. Then I sprayed oven cleaner on the sides, base and the sides of the back (attempting to avoid the fan). I also got some oven cleaner on the edges of the top of the oven (because it was covered in grime) but I didn't want to get too much on the heating element.

After the oven had time to rest (couple hours), I wiped down the oven with a sponge and really hot water. I ended up poking the sponge under the top elements. It's still pretty grimy up there.

What do you do?