• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Robenco15

Robenco15

I bought a GE Cafe 995CHSELSS back in May. 

I ******* love it. Double ovens that have plenty of room and the induction knobs are VARIABLE CONTROL. No 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, etc. All slight or not so slight adjustments made with a turn of a knob. The largest burner is 3700 watts on Hi and that equates to just under 27,000 BTUs. When I boil water I have it on Hi but then have to turn it down to 8 as the water starts to boil over (!). Then when I blanch vegetables or add pasta I turn it back to Hi and it doesn’t lose its boil.

I can’t recommend it enough. Was 100% all in on a Blue Star 36” 6 burner stove but a few kitchen logistical things got in the way and I think I’m happier for it. 

I did not read the entire post so forgive me if I am sharing things that have already been mentioned or am off topic, but I wanted to share my experience. Would be glad to answer any questions. 

Edit: Also, the knobs are in front, not above the burners and in the back!

Robenco15

Robenco15

I bought a GE Cafe 995CHSELSS back in May. 

I ******* love it. Double ovens that have plenty of room and the induction knobs are VARIABLE CONTROL. No 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, etc. All slight or not so slight adjustments made with a turn of a knob. The largest burner is 3700 watts on Hi and that equates to just under 27,000 BTUs. When I boil water I have it on Hi but then have to turn it down to 8 as the water starts to boil over (!). Then when I blanch vegetables or add pasta I turn it back to Hi and it doesn’t lose its boil.

I can’t recommend it enough. Was 100% all in on a Blue Star 36” 6 burner stove but a few kitchen logistical things got in the way and I think I’m happier for it. 

I did not read the entire post so forgive me if I am sharing things that have already been mentioned or am off topic, but I wanted to share my experience. Would be glad to answer any questions.