• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

12 minutes ago, PatrickT said:

Looks great @Ann_T

I try feeding and baking with my sourdough starter every week or so. I’ve settled on 70% bread flour and 30% organic dark rye for mine.

I’m with Matt - love a good sourdough pizza crust (or sourdough anything else, for that matter). FoodGeek just posted a vid for sourdough chocolate chip cookies, which actually sounds very interesting. 

I must confess, the only reason I even keep my sourdough going is because both Moe and Matt like sourdough.  I like the fact that I "grew" my own starter and that it really is good.  I just don't really care that

much for sourdough. Never have.   

My original starter is always fed with 100% organic rye and bottled water.   And the white one gets fed with the same Silver Star flour I use in my breads.

Ann_T

Ann_T

10 minutes ago, PatrickT said:

Looks great @Ann_T

I try feeding and baking with my sourdough starter every week or so. I’ve settled on 70% bread flour and 30% organic dark rye for mine.

I’m with Matt - love a good sourdough pizza crust (or sourdough anything else, for that matter). FoodGeek just posted a vid for sourdough chocolate chip cookies, which actually sounds very interesting. 

I must confess, the only reason I even keep my sourdough going is because both Moe and Matt like sourdough.  I like the fact that I "grew" my own starter and that it really is good.  I just don't really care that

much for sourdough. Never have.