• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

46 minutes ago, PatrickT said:

@Ann_T Just want to verify: After your last set of stretch and folds, you refrigerated your dough for basically 72 hrs, allowed it to rest on the counter for an additional 8 before preshaping, shaping, final proofing and baking. Do I have that right? Would love to try this next time I make your recipe and see what happens. Your results are obviously undeniable! 😃

Yes.  That is what I do.  Anywhere from 24hrs  up to 96 hrs.   Unless I'm baking the same day.   Even then, with just 1 g of yeast it takes 6 to 8 hours to rise.  

I put three batches of dough, 500g of flour each in the fridge on Monday night.  One came out of the fridge Wednesday night and was left on the counter until Thursday morning. 

Another came out last night and was left out until after 4:00 AM this morning and I baked four baguettes. 

And the third batch, Matt took out of the fridge this morning to make pizza. Should be ready for him to use after 2:00 PM.

I will probably get two or three more batches into the fridge tonight so I have them there for when I want to bake again.   

I'm really happy with doing just 500g batches at a time now, rather than 1000g batches. 

191129685_BaguettesAugust22nddoughbakedAugust26th2022.thumb.jpg.21c8b7843633a7c207db621a564a1b70.jpg

This was today's bake. 

Ann_T

Ann_T

11 minutes ago, PatrickT said:

@Ann_T Just want to verify: After your last set of stretch and folds, you refrigerated your dough for basically 72 hrs, allowed it to rest on the counter for an additional 8 before preshaping, shaping, final proofing and baking. Do I have that right? Would love to try this next time I make your recipe and see what happens. Your results are obviously undeniable! 😃

Yes.  That is what I do.  Anywhere from 24hrs  up to 96 hrs.   Unless I'm baking the same day.   Even then, with just 1 g of yeast it takes 6 to 8 hours to rise.  

I put three batches of dough, 500g of flour each in the fridge on Monday night.  One came out of the fridge Wednesday night and was left on the counter until Thursday morning. 

Another came out last night and was left out until after 4:00 AM this morning and I baked four baguettes. 

And the third batch, Matt took out of the fridge this morning to make pizza. Should be ready for him to use after 2:00 PM.

I will probably get two or three more batches into the fridge tonight so I have them there for when I want to bake again. 

191129685_BaguettesAugust22nddoughbakedAugust26th2022.thumb.jpg.21c8b7843633a7c207db621a564a1b70.jpg

This was today's bake.